Barbara Huelat healthcare interior design, recipient of numerous healthcare design award, author of three compelling books on healing environments which further addresses design and science. Her probing questions in her white papers, investigative reports and reverent articles seek to answer health challenges beyond design. She has written scholarly articles on topic of green healthcare, biophilia, bacteria mitigation, wayfinding, color and art for healing, humancentric, design for dementia and caregiving.
Wayfinding: Design for Understanding, B Huelat, Published by Center for Health Design Environments Standards Council 10-2007.
• Wayfinding Management: Models & Methods in Healthcare Environments, B Huelat.
Published by Sign Research Foundation. 2016.
• Cleanliness Best Practices, Published by Center for Health Design, B Huelat. 1-2016.
• Beyond Countertops- Material Surfaces in Healthcare Facilities. Published by LG Solid Surfaces. B Huelat. 6-2013
• Patient Centered Design for Senior Living, B Huelat and A Tilghman, Planetree .3-2019.
• ER One – Three Phase Research: 1) Bacteria Mitigation in Emergency Department Design, 2) Work flow Staff, Patient & Equipment in Emergency Department, 3) Positive Distractions in Emergency Departments. Published MedStar Research, Herman Miller White Paper, Center for Health Design. 2009-2013.